to the people that helped set up the Beitang Project up.
The Beitang project is the creation of so many, and is still evolving. Thank you to those pioneers who took an idea and made it happen, and all the students who make it theirs each summer and enable it to continue.
I will not try to list everyone here, but on behalf of all the students involved we wanted to thank these people:
- The whole Zhang family for their hospitality
- Zhang Kwan Chen, who created the vision of Budetang as a base for international friendship, and opened his house to students.
- Zhang Dian Cheng, his son who led the first English camps and has carried on each year, and his wife Shao Shao
- Zhang Feng Chang, for his advice and help with the renovation work
- Zhang Xiang Shan, my distant cousin and close friend, and our English speaking link to the family
- Zhong Shan university international office, including…
- Ms Gu Wen Li for helping to start the first project
- Mr Liu Zhen Yong, whose dedication and enthusiasm is currently taking it from strength to strength
- Bristol Alumni foundation for donating money for renovating the house
- Tim Jones from the Bristol International foundation, who donated money and helped advise on camps (now retired)
- Song, for his tireless work doing laborious translating, who helped me to communicate with Kwan Chen and set up the project over the first five years
- And last but definitely not least, a huge thank you to all the sponsors who have made the project possible.